Wednesday, September 24, 2008

COLLEGES

Q: What are two colleges that you would like to apply to? For what reasons?

A: Growing up I've always been told that i have to prepare for college and it will take a lot of work to get there. My dad graduated from Cal Poly with an engineering degree. My mother, unfortunately, never completed college because she became pregnant with me, but she has been supporting and pushing me to not follow what she did and get a degree.

One college i would like to apply to and hopefully be accepted to would be U.C. Davis. I have visited the campus on many occasions taking personal tours with current students of the campus. I've seen the outsides of the buildings, to the insides of the labs and libraries, and even the dorms for the freshman and their living arrangements. One reason would include that it has the top veterinary program in the state and the third in the country. It is known as one of the last "small town" universities of its kind. I am hoping to be able to receive a degree in zoology and veterinary and be able to work and interact with exotic species and be able to travel the world to study them. UC Davis would be a start to this goal. The school also has many different majors and the luxury of changing if the major you chose is not actually what you wanted.

Another college i would be interested into applying to would include UC Berekley. They have many different majors to choose from as well. Unfortunately, i have not been able to visit the campus or see the buildings and students. The experience seems very confortable and lively. I Plan to visit hopefully sometime soon before i have to apply to colleges.

I am still researching schools and colleges and still keeping my mind open to new things. i am hoping to find some more information before making a final choice.

No comments: